Battery Balance: See my instructional video:
NO POWER. *Cycle analyst shows no display
1. BATTERY NOT PLUGGED IN
2. BATTERY PLUG / CONNECTION DAMAGED
UNPLUG RED/BLACK PLUG LOOK AT THE INSIDE OF THE RED/BLACK PLUG TO MAKE SURE THE METAL TABS HAVE NOT PULLED OUT.
3. BATTERY HAS BEEN DRAINED TO UNSAFE LEVELS
TEST THE BATTERY WITH THE CELL CHECKER, or USE A MULTI-METER TO DETERMINE BATTERY VOLTAGE AT RED/BLACK PLUG. IF VOLTAGE IS LESS THAN 40V (FOR 44V BATTERY) OR LESS THAN 60V (FOR 66V BATTERY CONTACT VESSEL BIKES. DO NOT CHARGE!!!
4. SWITCH DAMAGED ON CONTROLLER.
IF THE BATTERY HAS CHARGE, AND IS PROPERLY CONNECTED, THE ON/OFF SWITCH ON THE CONTROLLER MAY BE AT FAULT. REMOVING THE 4 SCREWS HOLDING THE SWITCH PLATE WILL GIVE ACCESS TO THE SWITCH. TEST/REPLACE IF NECESSARY.
CYCLE ANALYST SHOWS POWER BUT THROTTLE / MOTOR DOES NOTHING
1. Check that the e-brake lever is not damaged or engaged. If engaged, this will keep the throttle / motor from operating.
2. Check the connection between the motor and the controller. This is a 3 wire square plug and a 5 wire rectangular plug. You may have to clip a few zip ties to access this plug. Dis-connect both plugs and inspect the pins for damage or pulled out pins. Re-connect and re-test.
3. Throttle may have become dis-connected or damaged. The throttle connector is the 3 pin connector usually with red, black and green wires. With a multi-meter you can test the pins for voltage: Black to red approx 5V. Black to green should vary from 1-5V with throttle engagement. The throttles are reliable, and rarely cause issues unless damaged.
4. Cycle analyst may cause the system to not operate for some reason. You can temporarily dis-connect the cycle analyst connector from the controller and the system should work if this is the problem. *DO NOT OPERATE FOR EXTENDED PERIODS THIS WAY< THE BATTERIES WILL NOT BE PROTECTED FROM LOW VOLTAGE.
MOTOR ERRATIC / JERKY OPERATION
1. CYCLE ANALYST SETTINGS MAY HAVE BEEN CHANGED CAUSING UN-INTENDED RESULTS.
2. MOTOR HALL SENSOR MAY HAVE BEEN DAMAGED.
-CONTACT VESSEL BIKES FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TESTING FOR THIS CONDITION.
3. E-BRAKE MAY BE CAUSING THIS ISSUE IF ACCIDENTALLY BEING PRESSED.
No comments posted
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.